Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Good News!

I have internet again after two months of being without it. Ok, so I'm one of those people who "borrows" wireless internet because I can't afford to pay for it, and why would I want to when I can get it for free? I've been using the same connection for most of the two years I've been living in my apartment - accept the very rare weeks/months when it goes away (I usually get it back when that connection comes back to life or if a new unlocked connection pops up.) I was starting to get worried that maybe it was my computer because I would be connected to the usual connection, but I couldn't use the internet.

However, a couple days ago, I noticed a new unlocked connection, so I made my attempt to connect, but it wouldn't even do that. So I shut my laptop and haven't opened it since. Well, I just opened it to do some writing and realized that I'd left the Wireless Connection window open (which means my computer kept attempting to connect to the new connection.) And it said it was connected. I held my excitement until I clicked on the internet to see if it would actually work...and it did!

The sad thing about all of this is that I work in a computer lab, and therefore, spend several hours six days a week on the internet, so why do I need it at home? (Honestly, I do find it nice when I go through these long periods of being without internet at home because then I'm not on the computer all day at work and then tempted to get on again once I get home. Plus, the time spent offline is increased, therefore, I always have FB comments and what not and several emails to go through waiting for me, which gives me something to do for the first 20 minutes or so at work.)

BUT at my job, when someone can't work they post they send their open hours out to all the lab assistants, meaning they're up for grabs to whoever responds first. Unfortunately, over summer these are usually posted during the times I'm not at work, and therefore, do not have internet, so by the time I see them, they're taken. So maybe I'll actually get to catch a few - although I just missed a couple that went up grrrrr.

In other news, I got a 91 on my test. :)
My class is from 12-3 pm, so we were given till 12:50 to finish the test (finishing before that meant going off to do whatever before coming back. He does this so that we get our test grades back the day we take the test.) When we got back, we watched Ned Kelly. Class agenda: swooning over Heath? Sounds good to me.

For the rest of the day I'll be:
  • Reading a bit of The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm almost done! It's over 600 pgs, so it's taking me awhile - I think about two weeks now, which is a long time for me to finish a book.
  • Working out. Abs today - I tell myself every summer, since I have the time, that this will be the summer I get a six pack. My abs are always defined, but I've never been able to reach a fully defined six pack without flexing. I thought this would be the summer because I'm so close - up until last week I had worked out six days a week for four weeks straight, focusing on my abs 3-4 days a week rather than 2-3. But I skipped a couple days last week cause I was busy, and I skipped yesterday. I also made brownies, so that doesn't help either. But I'm determined!
  • Making dinner. Salmon with rasberry vinagarette, salad with the vinagarette, and a baked sweet potato.
  • Watching SYTYCD. Although, after missing last week, I'm not excited about watching it anymore. This season just isn't doing it for me.

<3 KMay





No comments:

Post a Comment