So sometime this afternoon, I left the computer lab to use the restroom. On my way back, as I passed by the windowed doors - located right next to the lab - into and out of the building, I noticed a dead bird laying on the top step outside the door. I stepped closer to the door and glimpsed blood and did not proceed to investigate this further. I also kept this information to myself.
About an hour later, one of the lab managers came into work and informed my co-worker and I that there was a dead bird outside. "It must have ran into the door or something cause there's blood coming out of its mouth," he said. That's nice. "Aww poor birdie," said my co-worker.
A bit later, after having left to get lunch or something, he came back in and told us: "Someone made a sign, with an arrow pointing to the bird, that says 'Free bird.'" This was followed by a mixture of "awww"s and laughter from my co-worker and me, as we did not know whether to find this sad or amusing. The lab manager insisted that whoever did it, must have printed it from this lab since those printers are right there and the closest ones to the scene.
Then my co-worker said exactly what I was thinking: "Well, I haven't seen any guys come in here in a while."
Lab manager: "Why does it have to be a guy? It could be a sick girl."
This is true. I know there are girls with the sense of humor of a guy. But I'm 99.9% sure that it's 99.9% more likely, on a college campus, for a college-aged male to do that than a college-aged female.
Then he joked that it was probably George, our supervisor and the head of student computing - adding an imitation of how he would have acted in doing so. This cracked me up, but you'd have to know him to find it funny - I don't know how to describe him except to say that he's an old man, who would never put that sign there.
My co-worker felt bad, so she printed out a sign that said "Poor birdie :("
LM: You have to put an arrow on it.
Co-worker: I know, I'm going to.
LM: You can go look at the other sign as a reference.
I never went to go look at these signs - and if I'd had a camera or could transfer pics from my phone to my computer, I would have taken a picture to post...of the signs, not the bird; unless I could get an angle without the blood.
I did go get coffee 20-30 minutes later, though, and someone had removed the bird and the signs and washed everything else away.
It was an exciting day...for a computer lab assistant.
<3 KMay
PS: Just finished The Other Boleyn Girl. I had seen the movie first, and I can't decide if I like the movie more or the book more. I'm thinking the movie because I like seeing everything take place, and I like how it was filmed - and also because Eric Bana is basically amazing. The movie sticks to the major plot/timeline, but it leaves out a lot of stuff that's not really important to the main story line - obviously, since trying to fit over 600 pages into a movie would be death.
This reminds me that I really need to buy that movie. It's one of my favorites, and I've been watching it at least once a week at work since the end of May/beginning of June. Also, I need to get the soundtrack. I wonder if I can download it...
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment